NAME : MD.RAFIQUE ULLAH
Father’s Name : Late Md. Hedayet Ullah
Mother’s Name :Late Mrs. Momataz Begam.
Date of birth : 1st December, 1955
Present Position : Professor .
Present Address : Department of Chemistry, Bangladesh University of
Engineering & Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Qualifications :
|Ph.D.||The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, India.||Satisfactory||1991|
|M.Sc.(Thesis group)Chemistry||Chittagong University||First(4th)||1976*|
* Due to Liberation war of Bangladesh, the Examination of 1972, 1975 and 1976 were held in 1973, 1977 and 1979 respectively.
Professional Experiences (start from present):
|Head||Department of Chemistry, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh||From September, 2001
|Professor||Department of Chemistry, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh||From
June 1, 1999 till to-day
|Department of Chemistry, Bangladesh University of Engineering &
Technology, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh
September 21, 1995 to
|Department of Chemistry, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh.||From
August 2, 1986 to
|Lecturer||Department of Chemistry, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh||From April
16, 1980 to August 1, 1986
|Lecturer||Department of Chemistry, Notre Dame College, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh.||From September 24,
1979 to April 15, 1980
|Part-time Teacher||Department of Chemistry, Notre Dame College, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh.||From April 16, 1980 to June 30, 1987.|
|Part-time Teacher||Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) Islamic Institute of Technology (IIT), Bangladesh.||From January 3, 1998 to December30, 1999.|
|Part-time Teacher||Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Islamic Institute of Technology (IIT), Bangladesh.||From January 20, to December,2001.|
|Part-time Teacher||Department of Computer Science and Information Technology (CIT), Islamic University of Technology (IUT), Bangladesh.||From January 20, 2001 till to-day.|
|Course No. and Title of the Courses Tought||Level||No.of Students||(Lectures Per Week)or (Hrs/week)||Year|
|Chem 141, Chemistry of Engineering Materials||L-1, T-2||130||03||since last appointment|
|Chem 207, Environmental Chemistry||L-2, T-1||30||03||since last appointment|
|Chem 143, Chemistry of Materials||L-1, T-2||30||03||since last appointment|
|Chem-101, Chemistry- I||L-1, T-1||120||03||since last appointment|
|Chem-103, Chemistry-1||L-1, T-1||66||01||since last appointment|
|Chem-107, Selected topics on Inorganic and Physical Chemistry.||L-1, T-1||20||01||since 1997|
|Chem-111, Inorganic Chemistry.||L-1, T-1||66||01||since last appointment|
|Chem-112, Inorganic Analysis-I.||L-1, T-1||35||03||since last appointment|
|Chem-116,Inorganic Analysis-II.||L-1, T-1||35||03||since last appointment|
|Chem-133, Physical Chemistry.||L-1, T-2||25||01||since last appointment|
|Chem-352, Instrumental Methods of Analysis.||L-3, T-1||35||03||since last appointment|
|Chem-6101, Chemistry of Coordination Compounds,||M.Phil||20||03||since last appointment|
|Chem-6102, Instrumental Methods of Chemical analysis.||M.Phil||20||03||since last appointment|
|Chem-6104, Studies on crystal and Molecular Structure by Diffraction Method||Ph.D.||02||03||Since 1997|
Research Experiences :
|1993-1995||Synthesis and Physico-Chemical Studies of Some Metal Chelates using Multidentate ligands in Solid and Solution states.||Supervision of review of literature, set up of the equipment, experimental work, analysis of data and report writing.||
|Do||1996-1999||Studies of Some Novel Astatistical Factors Stabilising Ternary Complexes.||Do||Do|
|Do||2000-till today||Studies on Degradation of Dyes Present in the Industrial Effluents.||Do||Do|
|Do||2000-till today||Trace Element Analysis of Coal Rock samples by neutron activation analysis.||Do||Do|
|Do||1999-till today||Arsenic Removal From Drinking Water By (i) Complexation: the role of biologically important Ligands, (ii) Coagulation: the role of adsorption and effects of source water composition.||Do||Do|
|Do||2000-till today||Studies of Reactions of [Ru3(CO)10 [m-dppm] with small inorganic and organic molecules such as oxygen, Alkenes, Alkynes and Heterocycles.||Do||
|Do||2000-till today||Physico-Chemical Studies of Some Ternary Complexes of The Type [MAL], where M=Cu(II), Ni(II), Cd(II),As(III), A=Biologically important tridentate ligands and L=Amino Acids and its derivatives, Catechol and its derivatives.||Do||Do|
|Research Associate||1980-82||Evaluation of Bangladesh Natural Water for boiler and steam generator and water cooler project.||Review of literature, set up of the equipment, experimental work, analysis of data and report writing.||Do|
|Do||1983 – 84||Extraction of Rosin from Bangladesh Paper Mills waste Black Liquer Bamboo strips Bagasses.||Do||Do|
|Do||1984-85||Extraction of Calendula type germicide from Bangladesh natural flowers and durba grasses project.||Do||Do|
|1985-87||Carried out research on “Study of Mixed Ligand Complexes of Metal Ions” in the department of Chemistry, BUET, Dhaka from January 1985 to October 1987.||Do||Do|
Supervision of Completed Graduate Research Work :
|1. Md. Nuruzzaman Mondal
2. Biplob Kumar
3. Zakir Hossain
4. Tania Nazneen
6. Shakil Ahmad.
|1. Prepaeation, Characterization and Studies of the Adsorbing Efficiency of the Iron Oxide-Silica Nano-Composite Material.
2. Studies on the Treatment of Wastewaters containing Cr+6 with Ironoxide-SilicacompositeMaterials prepared by different methods.
3. Synthesis , characterization and Biological activity study of some Macrocyclic Complexes of Co(II), Zn(II) and Cd(II).
4. Synthesis and characterization of some Macrocyclic Complexes of Nickel(II), Copper(II), Iron(II) and study of their Biological activity.
5. Determination of Lead(Pb) in trace ammount Using Ultraviolet-Visible Spectrophotometric Method.
6. Determination of Trace Zn(II) ion by forming Metal-Ligand Chelate Complex in Aqueous Medium using UV-VIS spectrophotometric Method.
7. Determination of Trace Copper (Cu) using UV-VIS spectrophotometric Method.
8. Study on ternary complexes of some heavy metal ions with Biologically Important ligands
9. Synthesis and Physio-chemical studies of some ternary complexes containing Vitamin as one of the Ligands
10. Spectrophotometric Determination of toxic elements in aqueous Media.
11. Study of some Mixed Ligand complexes containing Biologically Important Ligands
12. Mesearment of the activation cross sections of the fast neutron induced (n,2n), (n,p) and (n, a ) reactions on the isotopes of molybdenium, cobalt, zirconium and germanium
13. Studies of Some Mixed Ligand Complexes Using Bi- and Tridentate Ligands.
14. Studies on Degradation of Dyes Present in the Industrial Effluents.
15. Studies of Some Novel Astatistical Factors Stabilising Ternary
16. Synthesis and Physico-Chemical Studies of Some Metal Chelates
using Multidentate ligands in Solid and Solution states.
Research Grants Received(Last fifteen years) :
|Organization Offering the Grant||Project Title||Period|
|The Committee For Advanced Studies & Research, BUET, Dhaka.||Studies on Degradation of Dyes Present in the Industrial Effluents||1999 –2001|
|The Committee For Advanced Studies & Research, BUET, Dhaka.||Studies of Some Mixed Ligand Complexes Using Bi- and Tridentate Ligands.||19989 –2000|
|The Committee For Advanced Studies & Research, BUET, Dhaka.||Studies of Some Novel Astatistical Factors Stabilizing Ternary Complexes.||1996 – 1998|
|The Committee For Advanced Studies & Research, BUET, Dhaka.||Studies on Reactions of [R3(CO)10 (µ-dppm)] with small Inorganic and Organic molecules such as oxygen, Alkenes, Alkynes and Heterocycles.||1995 – 1997|
|The Committee For Advanced Studies & Research, BUET, Dhaka.||Syntheis and Physico-Chemical Studies of Some Metal Chelates using Multidentate ligands in Solid and Solution States.||1993 – 1995|
|Ministry of Science and Information & Communication Technology, Government of the people republic of Bangladesh.||Mitigation of arsenic poisoning of ground water by employing a locally innovated Bio-remediation technique.||2003|
List of Publications:
- Ullah M. R. Tania Nazneen, and Hossain, A.2013.The Influence of a New-Synthesized Complex Compounds of Co(II),Zn(II) And Cd(II) Containing A Ligand Having Tetraoxotetrahydrazin Moity on Some Pathogenic Bacteria. International Journal of Chemical Studies e-ISSN: 2321-4902. Volume 1, Issue 2), PP 45 – 53
- M.R.Ullah. and Sarker K., 2013.Determination of Trace Amount of Copper (Cu) Using Uv-Vis pectrophotometric Method. International Journal of Chemical Studies, Vol. 2, Issue-1, pp. 05 – 16.
- Ullah M. R., Hossain M. J., and Hossain, A.2013.The Influence of a New-Synthesized Complex Compounds of Ni (II), Cu (II) And Fe (II) Containing A Ligand Having Tetraoxotetrahydrazin Moity on Some Pathogenic Bacteria. IOSR Journal of Applied Chemistry (IOSR-JAC) e-ISSN: 2278-5736. Volume 4, Issue 4 (May. – Jun. 2013), PP 51-59 www.iosrjournals.org
- Ullah M. R.and M. M. Hassan. 2012. A rapid spectrophotometric Method for the Determination of trace amount of Zinc (II) Ion in aqueous medium using Alizarin Red as a chelating agent. Journal of International Academy of Physical Sciences, vol. 15,pp. 1 – 6.
- Ullah M.R. etal, 2011. Photocatalytic decolorization of Brolliant Golden Yellow over TiO2 and ZnO Suspensions.Journal of Saudi Chemical Society.
- Ullah M.R. etal. 2011.Decolorization and Mineralization of Brilliant Golden Yellow (BGY) by Fenton and Photo Fenton Process. African Journal of pure and applied Chemistry, Vol.5, pp. XXX – XXXI.
- Ullah M.R. and Enamul Haque, 2010. Determination of Toxic Element( Cadmium) in aqueous
Media. Journal of Chemical Engineering VOl. 25 ,No. 1, pp. 1-12.
- Ullah M.R., Rahman S. and Jahanara N. 2006. Study of Copper(II) & Nickel(II) Ternary complexes Involving
Tridentate and Bidentate Ligands. Journal of Ultra Science Vol.18(2), p. 221 – 226.
- Ullah M>R> and Rahman S. , 2005. Mitigation of groundwater arsenic poisoning by employing a bio-remediation technique. Oriental Journal of Chemistry, Vol. 21(2),p. 225 – 234.
- Ullah M.R., Halim M.A. Naher K. and Mia R.U. 2003.Excitation function of the 74Ger (n,α)71 Zr reaction in the neutron Energy range 13.90 – 14.70 MeV,Journal of Nuclear science and Applicatio, Vol. 12.No.1,2, p. 37 – 40.
- Ullah M.R., Halim M.A. and Nessa S.A. ,2005. Activation cross section of 90Zr (n,2n)89 Zr reaction in the neutron Energy range 14.10 – 14.71 MeV,Journal of Applied Sciences,Vol. 5 No.5, p. 903 – 905.
- Ullah M.R. et al. 2003. Reaction of Monosodium Glutamate with Transition metal cations.
- Bangladesh Acad. Sci. 27(1) : 51 – 56
- Ullah M.R. and Kabir M.A. 2002. Formation constants of mixed ligand complexes of divalent copper, nickel, zinc and cadmium with dipicolonic acid. J. Bangladesh Acad. Sci. 26(2):175 – 181.
- Ullah MR and Ahmed R. 2000. Study of The Effect of Ligand on Reproportionation Constants of Ternary Complexes. J. Bangladesh Acad. Sci. 24(1): 37-41.
- Ullah M.R., Islam M. and Hossain M. 1999. Binary and Ternary Complexes of Cu (II) Zn (II) and Ni (II) with Bidentate and Tridentate ligands. J. BUET Studies. 2(1):7-18.
- Ullah MR and Ahmed R. 1997. Study of Ternary Complexes of Cu(II) Involving N, N.
N, O– and O–, O– Donars. J. Bangladesh Acad. Sci. 21(1): 107 – 110.
- Ullah MR and Bhattacharya P K. and Venkatasubramanian K. 1996.Study of Ternary Complexes Containing Tridentate and Bidentate Ligands.. Polyhedron 15(22): 4025-4029.
- Ullah M.R. and Ahmed R. and Pasa N.A., Begam F, and Haider S.Z. 1994. Template Condensation Reactions of Formaldehyde with Tetraamine and Diamines: Synthesis, Structure and Properties of Co (II), Ni (II) and Cu(II) Complexes of hexaaza Macrocyclic Ligands Containing Perchlorate Anion. J. Bangladesh Acad. Sci. 18(1): 99-105.
- Ullah MR and Bhattacharya PK. 1991. Study of Various Factors Affecting the Stability of Ternary Cu(II) and Ni(II) Complexes. Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn. 64: 3659-3661.
- Ullah MR and Bhattacharya PK. 1991. Studies of some Ternary Complexes of Copper(II) Involving Tridentate and Monodentate ligands. Indian J. Chem. 30(A): 976-978.
- Ullah MR and Bhattacharya PK. 1990. Study of the Effect of nature of Ligand on reproportionation constants of ternary complexes. Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. (Chem. Sci.), 102(4): 513-519.
- Ullah MR and Bhattacharya PK. 1990. Study of Inter-ligand Stacking Interaction in copper(II) and Nickel(II) Ternary Complexes. J. Chem. Research (M), 2001-20017, J. Chem. Res(s), 269.
- Bhattacharya P. K, Ullah M. R, Khalil R. A, Kitchen SJ and Fenton DE. 1990. The Solution Stability of Binary and Ternary Complexes Involving Oxaazamacrocyclic ligands. Polyhedron 9(18): 2239-2243.
- Ullah M. R and Bhattacharya P.K. 1990. Studies of Ternary Complexes of Cu(II) Involving Aliphatic Carboxylic acids and Amino acids. Indian J. Chem. 29(A) 150-153.
- Ahmed A.K.S., Salam S.A., Rahman S and Ullah MR. 1986. pH-metric and Calorimetric Studies of Cd(II) and Zn(II) Complexes with 1, 2 – Propanediamine. Chittagong Univ. Stud. 10(1 & 2): 1-6.
- Ahmed A.K.S., Salam S.A. and Ullah MR. 1985. Polarographic Studies of Cd(II), Ni(II) and Zn(II) Complexes formed with N, N-Dimethylethylenediamine in aqueous, mixed aqueous and non-aqueous media. Chittagong Univ. Stud.
- Ahmed A.K.S., Ullah MR. and Rahman S. 1984. Physico-Chemical Studies of Cd(II) and Ni(II) Complexes with N, N -Dimethylethylenediamine. Chittagong Univ. Stud. 8(2): 79-85.
- Ullah MR. 1998. Solid state studies of some Binuclear copper (II) Complexes Correspond
to the general formula [(Cu-DPA)2 L-L]. Proc. 20th Bangladesh Sci. Conference Dhaka
(November 28- 30): 287-290.
- Ahmed A.K.S., Salam M.A. and Ullah MR. Polarograhpc studies of the Zn(II)-
Complex formed with N,N- Dimethylethylenediamine in aqueous and mixed aqueous and
non-aqueous media. Proc. 4th and 5th Bangladesh Sci. conference, Rajshahi, March 2-5.
- Ullah M.R. and Kabir M.H. 1999. Study of some ternary complexes of Cu(II) and Ni(II) involving falic acid and ome other ligands..Proc. 6th West Bengal State Science & Technology Congress, Howrah, India,(February 26-28).
Contribution to the University Administration during the period under review (last five years ):
- Hall Administration (mention period including position held ):
Worked as assistant Provost, Nazrul Islam hall, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh, from December 1992 to September 1995.
( Was responsible jointly with other colleagues for the administration of a student hostel of about 300 students.)
- Chairman or Member of Committees formed by University Authority, Syndicate, Academic council, Finance Committee, Committee for Advance Studies & Research, Boards, Boards of Studies, etc.
- Governing Body Member, Notre Dame College, Dhaka , since October, 2011.
- Syndicate Member, American International University – Bangladesh ( AIUB ) since February, 2011.
- President of Probishinibash multiporpous society for 2006 – 2010
- Member of Bangladesh University Teacher’s association for 2005 – 2006 session
- Vice-President of BUET Teacher’s association for 2004 – 2005 session.
- Member of BUET Teacher’s association for 2003 – 2004 session
- Member of BUET Teacher’s association for 2002 – 2003 session
- Member of BUET Teacher’s association for 2001 – 2002 session
- Life Member, Bangladesh Chemical Society, Membership No.L.M./470
- Head, department of Chemistry, BUET, for September 2001 to September, 2003.
- Life Member, Bangladesh Association for the Advancement of science (BAAS), Membership No. L.M. 439
- Member of British Council Library Dhaka. Membership No.A16415.
- Member of United State Information Service (USA), American center Library. Membership No.10023.
Name and Address of three References :
- Professor Enamul Huq, Department of Chemistry, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Professor Ehsanul Haque, Department of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Professor Md. Anwarul Azim, Department of Industrial Production Engineering (IPE), Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh.