- An ability to understand the fundamentals and applications of current chemical theories of the physical world.
- An ability to perform a literature search, extract useful information to develop research methodology.
- An ability to design and execute new chemical experiments with a high degree of sophistications, good laboratory practice and proper handling of chemical to successfully complete an advanced research project.
- An ability to identify and analyze the scientific problems and successfully carry out experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data to arrive scientific results.
- An ability to author manuscripts describing their research and its impacts that are suitable for publication in peer reviewed scientific journals, and to communicate and share knowledge of chemistry with the global chemistry community.
- An ability to integrate their knowledge from each of these areas with critical thinking skills in order to become problem solvers.
- An ability to broaden their professional foundations through activities such as teaching, internships, fellowships, mentoring and research grant applications.
- An ability to acquire the tools to become fully independent chemical researchers.
- An ability to work effectively in teams and provide leadership
- An ability to solve any national problems in chemical issues.
- An understanding of professional responsibility and ethics in Chemistry.