- An ability to understand the advanced theories, the concepts and applications of chemistry.
- An ability to apply knowledge of important laboratory techniques, methods, and instrumentation.
- An ability to perform a literature search, extract useful information to develop research methodology.
- An ability to design and execute new chemical experiments with a high degree of sophistications, good laboratory practice and proper handling of chemicals to successfully complete an advanced research project.
- An ability to identify and analyze the scientific problems and successfully carry out experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data to arrive scientific results.
- An ability to communicate and share knowledge of chemistry both orally and in writing.
- An ability to write research articles.
- An ability to integrate their knowledge from each of these areas with critical thinking skills in order to become problem solvers.
- An ability to broaden their professional foundations through activities such as teaching, internships, and fellowships.
- An ability to work effectively in teams and provide leadership.
- An ability to contribute any national problems in chemical issues.
- An understanding of professional responsibility and ethics in Chemistry.