Md. Kausar Ahmed
Department of Chemistry
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET)
Dhaka – 1000, Bangladesh
Office Address: Room 136, Old Academic Building (OAB), Department of Chemistry, BUET, Dhaka – 1000, Bangladesh.
E-mail: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 02-9665614 (Ext: 6798)
Lecturer, 2016- Present
Department of Chemistry, BUET
- M.S. in Chemistry, Shahjalal University of Science & Technology, Bangladesh
- B.Sc. in Chemistry, Shahjalal University of Science & Technology, Bangladesh
- Organometallic Chemistry
- Polymer Synthesis
- Click Chemistry
Awards & Achievement
National Science and Technology Fellowship (NST) in the Fiscal Year of 2016-2017 for M. Phil. Research.
National Science and Technology Fellowship (NST) in the Fiscal Year of 2015-2016 for M.S. Research.
Merit Grant Award from Shahjalal University of Science & Technology, Bangladesh
1st Position in B.Sc.
1st Position in M.S.
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Synthesis, Characterization and Liquid Crystalline Properties of a Series of Hydroxybiphenyl benzoate and Biphenyl bis(benzoate), S. Ahmed, M. M. Rahman, A. R. Rabbi, M. K. Ahmed, S. M. S. Islam, M. Younus, B. B. Chakraborty, S. Choudhury, S. Ahmed, N. Sultana, Journal of Molecular Liquid, 224 (2016) 265.
- Conjugated Platinum-Poly-Ynes with Extended Arylene Ethynylenes, M. Naher, S. S. Mehdi, M. K. Ahmed, M. M. Rahman, M. M. R. Khan, M. Younus*, Journal of Bangladesh Academy of Sciences, 39 (2015) 195.
- Synthesis of Platinum Poly-Ynes with Extended Phenylene Ethynylenes, M. K. Ahmed, M. Naher, S. S. Mehdi and M. Younus*, 16th Asian Chemical Congress, (2016) 326.
- Introduction of Transition Metal into Conjugated Poly-ynes, M. Naher, S. S. Mehdi, M. K. Ahmed, M. M. Rahman, M. Younus*, International Conference on Material Chemistry, (2014) 48.
- Synthesis and Identification of Biphenylene Containing Liquid Crystalline Compounds, K. S. Hossain, S. Ahmed, M. K. Ahmed, M. M. R. Khan, M. Younus*, International Conference on Material Chemistry, (2014) 59.
- Chemical Analysis and Quality Control Training by TICI
- Instrumental Training – GPC, FTIR, UV-Visible, DSC, TGA, POM
- Gaussian 9 for Computation in Chemistry
- Photoluminescence Measurements of Conjugated Materials
- Liquid Crystal Phase Identification
- Elucidation of the Structure of Materials by Spectroscopic Techniques
- Quantitative Inorganic Analysis (Course No. Chem-112)
- Inorganic Quantitative Analysis (Course No. Chem-114)
- Inorganic Analysis-II (Course No. Chem-116)